Static GK based on Current Affairs
1. Union Minister Bhupender Yadav, Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF&CC) released the 9th edition of Down To Earth’s annual ‘State of India’s Environment Report 2022’.
● As per the report, India has slipped three spots to 120 from 117 in 2021 on the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
➤ Indias Rank in various countries –
● 2021 Fortune’s Global 500 List – 155
● 15th Global Peace Index 2021 – 135
● World Competitiveness Index 2021 – 43
● Renewable Energy Country Attractiveness Index (RECAI) – 4
● World Press Freedom Index 2021 – 142
● Henley Passport Index: Q2 2021 Global Ranking – 84
2. Telangana became the top-performing state in India with a population over one crore in terms of growth rate of Per Capita Net State Domestic Product at Current Prices by the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI).
➤ About Telangana –
● C.M. – K. Chandrashekar Rao
● Governor – Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan
● Capital – Hyderabad
➤ National Parks –
● Kasu Brahmananda Reddy National Park
● Mahaveer Harina Vanasthali National Park
● Mrugavani National Park
3. Herath or the ‘Night of Hara(Shiva)’, generally known as Maha Shivratri, is the main festival celebrated by the Kashmiri Pandits across Jammu and Kashmir(J&K). The festival marks the marriage anniversary of Lord Shiva and Goddess Uma(Parvathi).
➤ About Jammu & Kashmir –
● Lt. Governor – Manoj Sinha
● Capital – Jammu(winter), Srinagar(summer)
➤ Famous Festivals –
● Eid Ul Fitr
● Hemis Festival
● Tulip Festival
● Shikara Festival
● Gurez Festival
4. LIC (Life Insurance Corporation) Mutual Fund Asset Management Limited appointed TS Ramakrishnan as its Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer.
➤ Recent Appointments –
● Shersingh B Khyalia appointed as CEO of Adani Power
● Dr. S Somanath – New Chairman and Space Secretary of the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
● Alka Mittal – 1st woman Chairman and MD (CMD) of ONGC
● Vinay Kumar Tripathi – New Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of the Railway Board
● VS Pathania – 24th Director General (DG) of the Indian Coast Guard
● Tarun Kapoor – Energy Transition Advisory Committee (ETAC) set up by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
5. The Civil Accounts Day is annually celebrated across India on 2nd March by the Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS), one of the Civil Services of India under the Department of Expenditure.
● Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman (Chief Guest) addressed the 46th Civil Accounts Day celebration held at the Dr. Ambedkar International Centre, Janpath, New Delhi, Delhi.