Static GK based on Current Affairs
- The Central Government approved the continuation of the Central Sector Umbrella Scheme of ‘Border Infrastructure and Management (BIM)’ over the 15th Finance Commission Cycle from 2021-22 to 2025-26.
➤ Important Schemes Launched by Indian Government –
● Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Nidhi
● National Digital Health Mission
● Intensified Mission Indradhanush 3.0
● Scheme for Promotion of Academic and Research Collaboration (SPARC)
● Shikshav Parv Initiative
● Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojna
● Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojna
2. The 6th edition of the 5-day bilateral air exercise between the Indian Air Force (IAF) and the Royal Air Force of Oman (RAFO) namely ‘Eastern Bridge-VI’ commenced at Jodhpur Air Force Station in Rajasthan.
➤ Important Bilateral Exercise by India –
● Sampriti – India & Bangladesh
● Mitra Shakti – India & Sri Lanka
● Maitree Exercise – India & Thailand
● Vajra Prahar – India & US
● Yudh Abhyas – India & US
● Nomadic Elephant – India & Mongolia
● Garuda Shakti – India & Indonesia
3. the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) released the 4th edition of Frontiers report titled “Frontiers 2022: Noise, Blazes, and Mismatches – Emerging Issues Of Environmental Concern” which predicts that wildfires will worsen in the upcoming years and decades.
➤ About Frontiers:
i.The Frontiers reports of UNEP identify and draw attention to the emerging issues of environmental concern. The Frontiers report was first published in 2016.
ii. The Frontiers 2022 report has identified the 3 most important environmental issues that have emerged due to climate change: wildfires, noise pollution, and shifts in the biological life cycles of plants and animals.
iii. The 3 chapters of Frontiers 2022 are,
Listening to Cities: From Noisy Environments to Positive Soundscapes
Wildfires Under Climate Change: A Burning Issue
Phenology: Climate Change Is Shifting the Rhythm of Nature
➤ About United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP):
● Executive Director- Inger Andersen
● Headquarters– Nairobi, Kenya
4. The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee organized a regional farmers’ awareness programme as part of the ‘Gramin Krishi Mausam Sewa’ (GKMS) project and launched KISAN mobile application for the farmers.
● Objective – The app will provide agro-meteorological services to the farmers.
➤ Important Mobile App Launched by Indian Government –
● e-Kisaan Dhan App – To provide support to farmers
● Kisan Suvidha app – It was launched to work towards the empowerment of farmers and the development of villages.
● IFFCO Kisan Agriculture app – It was managed by IFFCO Kisan, a subsidiary of Indian Farmers Fertilizer Cooperative Ltd.
● Pusa Krishi app – Developed by Indian Agriculture Research Institute (IARI) in 2016 to help farmers to get information about technologies.
● PM-KISAN Mobile App – by Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh Tomar to Facilitate farmers to check their payment status, correct their name and eligibility for the scheme.
● “CBSE ECL” – by Central Board of Secondary Education To help the students to locate their examination centre and see the distance between the current location and examination centre.
5. World Thinking Day(WTD) is annually observed across the globe on 22nd February.
● The day is annually celebrated and organised by the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts(WAGGGS).
● Theme – Our World, Our Equal Future: The Environment & Gender Equality”.