✅ Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of the longest highwayin India, the Ganga Expressway in Shahjahanpur, Uttar Pradesh to offer fast-paced connectivity in India.
✅ The six-lane 594 km long expressway will be built at a cost of about Rs 36200 crorewill connect the western and eastern regions of UP.
✅ The highway will pass through different districts of UP such as Meerut, Hapur, Bulandshahr, Amroha, Sambhal, Budaun, Shahjahanpur, Hardoi, Unnao, Rae
Bareli, Pratapgarh and Prayagraj.
• Statehood: 24 January 1950
• Capital: Lucknow
• Number of District : 75
• Governor: Anandiben Patel
• Chief Minister: Yogi Adityanath
• Members of the Legislative Assembly: 403 ( members excluding one Anglo-Indian member )
• Lok Sabha Seats : 80
• Rajya Sabha Seats : 31
🗼History of Uttar Pradesh🗼
● It was created on 1 April 1937 as the United Provinces of Agra and Oudh during British rule, and was renamed Uttar Pradesh in 1950.
● On 9 November 2000, a new state, Uttarakhand, was carved out from the state’s Himalayan hill region.
● President’s rule has been imposed in Uttar Pradesh ten times since 1968, for different reasons and for a total of 1,700 days.
● First CM of UP : Govind Ballabh Pant
● Sarojini Naidu was the first governor of Uttar Pradesh.
💃Dances of Uttar Pradesh🕺
● Charkula Dance
● Ahir Dance