Udaan is a project launched by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) under the guidance of Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, to address the low enrollment of girl students in prestigious engineering institutions and the teaching gap between the school education and engineering entrance examination. The effort is to enrich the teaching and learning of Science and Mathematics at school level by addressing the three dimensions of education- curriculum design, transaction and assessments.
- To address the challenge of low enrolment of girls in technical education institutes.
- To enable and empower the girl students to fulfill their aspiration of technical education.
- To minimize the gap between school education & engineering entrance examination.
- To enrich and enhance teaching and learning of Science and Mathematics at senior secondary level.
Under this program, students are provided free offline / online resources through virtual weekend contact classes and study material while studying in Class XI and Class XII for preparation of admission test to various premier engineering colleges in the country.
- Free of cost support to Girl students of Classes XI and XII to prepare for engineering entrance examination
- Availability of tutorials, videos and study material
- Organization of Virtual contact classes at 60 designated city centres
- Assessments designed to provide useful feedback on learning
- Remedial steps to correct learning
- Peer learning and mentoring opportunities for meritorious students
- Motivation sessions with students/parents
- Student helpline services to clarify doubts, monitor student learning and support technology
- Constant monitoring and tracking of student progress with feedback
- The program is open to Indian citizens residing in India only.
- All girl students studying in classes XI only from KVs/ NVs/ Government Schools of any recognised Board/ CBSE affiliated private schools in India are eligible to apply.
- Girl students enrolled in Class XI in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (PCM) stream.
- Minimum 70% marks in Class X overall and 80% marks in Science and Mathematics;for Boards which follow CGPA, a minimum CGPA of 8 and a GPA of 9 in Science and Mathematics.
- Reservation as per JEE (Advanced);OBC (NCL) – 27 % , SC – 15 % , ST – 7.5 % ,PWD – 3 % of seats in every category
- The annual family income should be less than 6 lakhs per annum
The selection of the students is based on merit and considered against the city chosen by the candidate for the weekly virtual contact classes.
The selected students will have access to an online portal which will be organized on the basis of Class XI and XII with three subject streams – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. This portal will have content in the form of videos, tutorials and text. Concepts will be organized based on the learning taking place in the classroom as per the syllabus of Class XI and XII.
Once logged in, student progress will be monitored and tracked on their learning pace. Periodic contact classes will enable update on the progress made by the student. Assessments are built into the learning process and will allow monitoring of student’s learning. Students will have interactive group where they will be able to interact with their peers and teachers. A helpline will be available to the students to clarify their doubts and concerns at any point.
Source : UDAAN