List of the Schemes
- Scheme for Award of Financial Assistance for Education (Scholarship) to the Children of Beedi Workers
- Scheme for Award of Financial Assistance for Education (Scholarship) to the Children of Iron Ore, Manganese Ore & Chrome Ore Mine (IOMC) Workers
- Scheme for Award of Financial Assistance for Education (Scholarship) to the Children of Limestone & Dolomite Mine (LSDM) Workers
- Scheme for Award of Financial Assistance for Education (Scholarship) to the Children of Cine Workers
- Either of the parents of the students should be Beedi, Iron Ore Manganese & Chrome Ore Mines, Limestone & Dolomite Mines, Cine worker with at least six months service. This includes Contract/Gharkhata workers also.
- Total monthly Income of the Worker’s family from all sources should not exceed as under:-
- BeediWorkers – Rs.10,000/-
- Mine Workers –
- The Mine workers doing manual, unskilled, highly skilled and clerical work are eligible for availing all facilities under different welfare schemes of Labour Welfare Organization irrespective of the wages paid to them.
- The persons employed in supervisory and managerial capacity are eligible for availing the facilities under different welfare schemes subject to the wage limit of Rs.10,000/- per month.
- Cine workers –An amount not exceeding Rs.8,000/- per month where such amount is paid monthly or an amount not exceeding Rs.1,00,000/- where it is paid by way of lump sum or instalments; as remuneration of a cine worker for the purpose of this Act.
- The Applicant must have passed the last qualifying examination in first attempt.
- The Scholars pursuing studies through Correspondence are not eligible.
- Candidates for the award of scholarships should have taken regular admission for studies at recognized institutions in India in any course of general or technical education, including medical, engineering and agricultural studies. However, the following category of students are not eligible for award of scholarships under the scheme :-
- Students who, after passing one stage of education, are studying in the same stage of education in a different subject. e.g. B.Sc. after B.Com.or B.Com. After B.A. or M.A. in one subject after M.A. in another subject.
- Students who after having completed their educational career in one professional line continue education in a different professional line, e.g. L.L.B. after B.T. or B.Ed.
- The Educational Institute must be Government/Government Recognized Institute.
- Students who receive scholarship or stipend from any other source will not be granted under this Scheme.
- The scholarship sanctioned is liable to be cancelled on the following occasions :-
- If the scholar is found to have obtained a scholarship by false statements.
- If the scholarship discontinues his/her studies, the scholarship shall be stopped from the date of such discontinuance.
- If the scholar changes the subject of the course of study for which scholarship was originally awarded or changes the Institution of Study without the prior approval of the Welfare Commissioner.
- If the scholar fails to make satisfactory progress in the studies or is irregular in attendance or is guilty of misconduct during the academic year for which scholarship has been granted.
- If the parent(s) of the scholar ceases to be a Beedi/Mine/Cine worker.
- NOTE : If the scholar is found to have committed any one or more of the above after the scholarship amount has actually been paid to him/her, the amount shall be recovered forthwith from him/her or his/her parents.
- The Scholar should have separate bank account. In case of Joint Account, the first name should be of the Scholar.
- More than one children of the same worker also should furnish separate bank account number.
- Each Scholar is required to furnish separate Mobile Number.
List of Documents required
- Copy of the Identity card of the worker (Form B Register Number in case of Mine workers).
- Copy of front page of Bank Pass Book or Cancelled Cheque(which should contain details of the account holder/beneficiary)
- Passing Certificate/Mark Sheet of previous Academic Year
- Income Certificate issued by the Revenue Authority
Quantum of scholarship paid
For online application, click here
Source: National Scholarship Portal